Limited Two Year Painting Warranty
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 24 months from the date of completion of the work described on the front of your contract. We will repair peeling, blistering, or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
1) Pay the full contract price
2) Retain a copy of the original contract
3) Retain a copy of your cancelled check or other evidence of payment in full.
4) Pay for all materials used to perform the repairs
5) Make the property accessible to us to perform the repair
This limited warranty does not cover:
1) Any work where we did not supply the paint or other materials
2) Any work which was not performed by BLS with a contract
3) Varnished surfaces
4) Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal
5) The cost of paint required to perform the repairs
6) Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, desks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
7) Exact paint match as environmental conditions will effect the color and finish of all paints over time
8) Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by us or the customer
9) Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar
10) Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood
Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
1) Mill-glazing from smooth cedar
2) Ordinary wear and tear
3) Abnormal use or misuse
4) Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by us.
5) Structural defects
6) Settling or movement
7) Moisture content of the substrate
8)Abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
9) Damage or defect caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of BLS.
10)Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this Contract.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY THE CONTRACTORAND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRNATIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTOR TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THIS CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTRACTOR BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUIENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.